It’s predicted that by 2014, 90% of content viewed online will be video.
I don’t know how accurate that is, but one thing we can tell without doing research is that video marketing is something not to ignore.
There will always be those who prefer to read, and those who refuse to produce video, so by no means do you HAVE to get involved ith video.
Now let’s look at a few statistics that should make you at least consider learning video marketing:
- Videos have a 55% higher chance of ranking in Google than other content.
- A video is more likely to get clicked on in search results.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world with 400 billion views daily.
- Video is your chance to ‘get in early’. Competition is low.
- The Internet is becoming an incredibly visual place, and video is at the heart of this.
Video Marketing Online – Tips For Beginners
It’s actually quite similar to all other forms of content marketing. Quality wins. If you can produce some excellent videos that answer questions exactly for your viewers, then you ae going to stand out quickly.
Here are some tips for you to consider:
- Link your videos to your website. Give your site traffic a huge boost.
- Make your videos concise and to the point.
- Treat a video just like anything else you do, make it show off your content.
- Consider using some free/low-cost software to help you while you learn.
What Services Can You Use To Help You?
This depends on the type of video you want to produce. There are several options for you here.
If you want to produce a video from a collection of images, Animoto is your best option. They will put your images together into a high quality presentation. You can also choose from a collection of music for them.
You can produce up to 30 seconds for free as well.Check out Animoto.
Another popular type of video is a screencast. This is where you record your computer screen while you talk (optional) and explain what you are doing. That’s a great type of video for creating a “How To” video.
By the way, “How To” videos are the most popular on the web.
Like Animoto, Screencast-o-matic has a free version and a cheap premium version.Check out Screencast-o-matic.
The same rules that apply to normal SEO apply to video. You want to perform keyword research and fill in your video descriptions and titles accordingly. Make sure you fill in the relevant information as much as possible.
Videos can take time to rank in Google even though it tends to happen faster than normal content. Don’t worry though, if your video is produced to a high standard then it will soon cement itself at the top of the search results and you can start to really reap the rewards of Video marketing.